While there are many who would suggest keeping business and family separate there are many who find joy in working with their spouse. I came across a good article on the Forbes website on this very subject.The author, Allie Siarto, suggests there are "8 Rules For Starting A Business With Your Spouse".
The 8 rules suggeste by Allie are as follows:
- Have an emergency fund in place.
- Get an office as soon as possible.
- Know your personality types.
- Define your roles.
- Make a point to engage in separate hobbies.
- Discuss your tolerance for risk.
- Balance praise and constructive criticism.
- Have a sense of humor.
If you are considering starting a business there are many things to consider beyond picking a partner. At Idaho Estate Planning we are the experts you can count on when putting your plan together. Remember, good planning is no accident.